Ads 468x60px

Labels

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Amelia XO

Erstwhile Texas heat
far below and behind
this grown man
rakes sleeves across eyes
I wanted to wait
until I got off this flight
but its a liminal space
a crossroads of life
as my vision was clearing
you came into view
A sweater-donning savior
at gate 22

you were all I could see
and i think that you knew
what I wanted to ask
what you'd likely refuse
now I'm learning your habits
you do this one thing
where your heart just turns solid
your eyes remain green
some hearts are aces
some hearts are queens
the most special of cases
you heart is concrete

I think that you're perfect
You won't hear it from me
I'm bundles of nerves
I'm dead at the secene
stick a fork in my chest
take whatever you need
when you're done you can leave
and you'll do it with ease

you relinquish your stance
between me and the sun
I'm gasping for air
since you filled up my lungs
as you step back
your shadow will grow
and soon it will cover
whatever i know
whatever I think
whoever i am
none of it matters
when obscured by your hand

when it dissipates i wake
then i remember
I must exit one plane
before i get on another


No comments: