Ads 468x60px

Labels

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Brushstrokes.

The knowledge that I’ve seen you
has changed the way I’m seen
The Devil went 
left his evil
and you the need to heal

So I will use a centrifuge
Produce an antidote
A fancy pharmaceutical
containing all my hopes
Born into the worst of moods
watch me while I cope
Swallow feelings like i'm eating food
The fullest hungry ghost

The world does not deserve your grace
At times my eyes meet yours
and I quickly avert my gaze
down toward the floor
A futile space between us
seeks to drive us home
Lift my sights up from the floorboards
onto you, how i've grown!

“Little imperfections”
You denounce God’s brushstrokes
There could be no worthwhile expression
on a canvas of monochrome
The Accents in your eyes
He himself mixed that hue
Could you imagine “A starry night”
with a different blue?

Yes, your beauty is palpable
It has the strongest grip 
Let it reach into my chest
Claim as yours 
what it constricts.



No comments: