Ads 468x60px

Labels

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Momentary

How long until i lift off
lifts continue to give me
trips to the top of mid-grade mountains
yet I still claim dominance
supreme reign over all
who have accomplished this
more than this
and similar feats

See the bridges under which i crawl
golden gates, Akashi, Erasmus
gargantuan, metallic, masterful
what shallow claims
applied with such depth

I've walked past the same set of stairs
for four years
and never had the inclination to climb them

I keep seeing my reflection in the same puddles
the same pair of eyes peer back
i peel back the thin film of optimism
this mask of human indolence

and see the sights as they present themselves
to my eyes, ever-sinking, my inevitable demise
they see the events that seek to ruin my life

the change, the dread!

the dread
the shifting of the scene
the side-scrolling landscape
we can't peer past the edge
but we're moving at the speed
our characters are progressing

and he who is controlling
who is he controlling?
who is he?
is he?



No comments: