Ads 468x60px

Labels

Friday, April 19, 2013

Permanence



I don't need a new tattoo
I left my mark on you
so my essence travels on a path
wide enough for two
when Hermes says he's out of gas
when Mercury's shoes burn through
I won't hear their complainin'
No, I wont entertain them
and you wont have to move
just tell me you love me
sorry for leaving
but i didn't get to choose
i can hear you
Think of the things i cared about
Are they still there now?
Now close your eyes, you'll feel my breath
and stop your cryin'
you'll hear my footsteps
they were too clumsy anyway
Yeah, you'd always say
someday you would miss them
That day
you put a note in the my suit's breast pocket
sorry to say
I've forgotten how to read it
and for one last time
you straightened my tie
But I don't have eyes to see it

No comments: