Ads 468x60px

Labels

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Denial

I'm trying not to think of what I do
What I give
Because then I'll stick my hand out

I'll gesture toward you
An ugly thing, it is
I'll atrophy an undisclosed amount

I'll receive nothing and I'll hold true
hold two broken ribs
you ask me what I cry about

The truth is that what I've been through
made me want this
and you promised to relinquish what you've announced:

the universe does all but forgives
love is tainted
there's a stain I kicked on your good heart

I was just climbing up the walls of my own pit
I didn't create it
And the strain has claimed of my reputation a decent part

Now I've dealt with my own shit
fence is painted
Andy Griffith said its just the start

that everythings a metaphor, that's it
we can either hate it, the punishment,
or make a Rembrant out of a painted fence, works of art

We are
the ones
who want

the star
of our
good luck

to outlive its supply of energy
but if it outlives its dependent planets, so what?
then its just floating

consuming its own lifeforce
self-indulgence
and its consequential self-loathing

No comments: