Ads 468x60px

Labels

Friday, November 9, 2012

Natural Desperation

Call me human
Call me innocent
Indentured servant to my ignorance
My craving is my compass
society shapes my temperament

Judge my intellect if you will.
When I came into this world,
I knew light
I knew its absence
how it illuminates a pearl.

The way I attention-hoard when at a party
how I eat when I'm most hungry;
My vices are my vices
walled off for times of crisis

But, lately.....

Lately it feels like I have nothing to say
like a big black hood's been pulled o'er my face
and I'm lying in a trunk,
been stashed away
there's enough air left maybe to last a day

now, for some reason
preservation takes over my mind
though I swear I've ignored caution about a thousand times
now, since the date of death is impending
regardless of decision
the only thing I have left to choose is to try to keep on living


No comments: